Wednesday 13 February 2013

The Sock Project

I have always wanted to try making a pair of socks. I don't have much patience (time), so I like the type of project that has a quick result, so I don't loose interest! This is why big super chunky wool is my friend. However, this year I really want to accomplish a number of things that I have always thought I'd like to do. One of these things is socks. I bought this gorgeous pattern for cable knitted socks from the lovely Yiskah Knits. It is beautiful and as soon as I have mastered a plain pair I can't wait to make Jessica's fun pattern. I wanted to share the beginnings here:





I'll keep you posted on the progress...

9 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's awesome!! Visiting from Yellow Bird, Yellow Beard!! :) God bless!!


    forevergodsprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! Visiting from Yellow Bird, Yellow Beard as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yolande! Great to see you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a beginner in knitting, I will try to be as professional as you ^^
    i'm Visiting from Yellow Bird, Yellow Beard, I am so happy to find this blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, visiting from Yellow Bird Yellow Beard too ... My knitting skills are pretty much limited to scarves, but I just got some lovely sock weight yarn .....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love LOVE your blog!!! Visiting from Yellow Bird Yellow Beard

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck, socks always seemed so tricky! I came over from Yellow Bird, Yellow Beard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing the progress photos...lol. I am stopping by from YB, YB! Angie

    ReplyDelete