Saturday 23 April 2011

Saturday April 23rd 2011 - Today's Three Things!




The Daily 3!

1. Car Booting - the "booting" season is upon us and for much hilarity and a chance for a bit of up-cycling you can't beat a car boot! Trying to dodge the masses with 2 babies under 2 in a double buggy was not so fun, but we were thrilled with our haul - Ross with his retro macro lens for his camera and me with my 10p gold chains...of which I bought 10 beauties to craft with, that'll be another post!

2. Hot cross buns - finally I've made a batch and am now feeling rather satisfied following a bit of a fiddily process involving kneading, rising, shaping, kneading and more rising, then piping bags for the crosses and finally a glaze, but all in all they're not bad. Also on the baking front was Charlie's birthday cake, decorated with an Easter theme, Ross said "oh you've made a dog!"... "It's the Easter Bunny actually...". Hopefully a 2 year old will have a bit more imagination!

3. My fig tree - at last it's tiny fig leaves are coming out, how very perfect! I'm beyond excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment